Saturday 29 December 2012

My travel companion Job Matimbai

It's about time that I introduce the one who has been traveling with me in East Africa.

My friend and coworker Job Matimbai, from Chwele, Kenya. Pastor at the local Deliverance Church, from the Luhya tribe and Bokuso subtribe.

Job is a member of the Open Hearts (openhearts.jimdo.com) association in Kenya. We are working together in the construction of a medical center in the community of Chwele.

As I told him about my plans to go around the Lake Victoria, he kindly offered himself to come with me. He has been a great friend, shown me a lot of the East African places and taught me some Kiswahili. Besides we have been exchanging a lot about our cultures and traditions, which are immensely different.

Just awesome!
Karibu sana ndugu!

No comments:

Post a Comment