Wednesday 21 August 2013

Bratislava through my looking glass

What is actually this "taking pictures thing" all about?
While traveling one normaly wants to picture the touristic attractions, traditional events, foods, etc. The intention behind it is merely to register his presence in a specific place and be able to say “I’ve been there! And I did it!”
Most people do that, and only that!
The whole thing gets much more interesting if one puts a bit of himself in his pictures and expresses his feelings through them. From that point of view, the objects of the photography are caught and transferred through a totally new perspective, and even the mainstream spots, as well as those things that no one would put an eye on, come into sight in a unique way. The results are, mostly, surprisingly beautiful.
This makes the photography so personal and intimate. It brings hidden corners, ordinary objects and situations under a special spotlight, namely the feelings of the one behind the camera.


The objects of these pictures (yeah! these ones in this post) and the perspective in which they were taken are related to me, to my perspective and to my mood in that specific moment.
They were taken in Slovakia, more exactly in Bratislava and its surroundings, and are more the “hidden corners, ordinary objects and situations” kind of pictures. Not much of touristic spots in them.
The objects pictured here have something to tell me, the way they don’t tell anyone else; and I exposed them, the way no one else would do. This makes them unique.
I’m very proud of these shots! Even of the simplest ones!

Just a little reflection about taking pictures.

Cheers peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment