Sunday 10 November 2013

A short stop in Limerick (Luimneach)

After saying goodbye to Will I took the time to explore Limerick on my own.
Got some time to visit the King John's Castle and have walk along the Shannon river.
In Limerick I found nice spots where I could experiment a bit with my hipstamatic films and lenses: churches, graveyards, bridges, graffits, etc.
A nice one at the Church Street.


By the Shannon river.
At St. Mary's Church.
A few more shots from the King John's castle. Btw, this has been the bad guy from Robin Hood's stories. The castle got his name but he's never been there actually.



I even got I nice view of the city from the top of the King John's Castle tower.
Being in Limerick one must go to the pub "The Locke" (http://www.lockebar.com/) at the Georges's Quay. More traditional impossible. Live Irish music everyday! Typical irish food and the good irish biers! Go there!

Time to take the coach to Galway (Irish Gaillimh) and from there to the Aran Islands (Irish Oileáin Árann).

Cheers peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment