Friday 4 January 2013

To Nkoroi with Gladys

Back to Nairobi I had to meet Gladys again (see post "How I met Gladys). And I did!

We celebrated the New Year's Eve together in the club K1 in Westland. Being in Nairobi it's a good option for partying.
On the next day, and my last day in Nairobi and Africa at all, she invited me to meet her family. We took a matatu and headed to Nkoroi in the outskirts of Nairobi, where her mum lives.
In the matatu on the way to Nkoroi.
I was most welcome and invited for lunch. Then I got to know "mukimo", kind of mashed potato with beans, corn and green leaves, and "kachumbari", a tomato and onions salad. And "capati" couldn't miss. Really tasty!
Capati bread and mukimo. Hmm!
All family was very friendly and welcoming. Gladys showed me all the stuff her mum grows on her backyard and introduced me to her sisters, with whom I had a good talk. Oh! They also helped me out with the transport from Nairobi to the airport.
Gladys' mum.
... and the whole family.
... not without me.
Gladys Ndung'u Wangari.
Happy day!
Lovely people! Thank you so much.

Cheers everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment